SCF offers a wide range of educational opportunities to encourage people to learn about their food, including how to grow, harvest and cook it. It is our goal to build resiliency in our communities, to encourage environmental stewardship, and to enable people of all income levels to better feed themselves and their families.
- Farm workshops cover a variety of topics related to growing food including soil care, pest management, water conservation and more.
- Cooking classes showcase healthy and delicious ways to prepare seasonal fresh produce.
- Community volunteer days give people a chance to work alongside our farmers and better understand the process of growing food.
- Internships help aspiring farmers and those interested in the food system acquire the skills needed to ensure that urban agriculture can proliferate.
- Farm tours bring people to the farm, while providing educational opportunities.